How to password protect a directory
Password Protect Directories
Password protecting a directory restricts access to certain parts of your website by requiring visitors to enter a username and a password. This password process is also referred to as a type of “authentication” process.
While using this feature, navigate the directories by clicking the folder icon located next to the name of the directory. Clicking on the name of the directory will select the directory for password protection.
Note: Any subdirectories inside the selected directory will also be password protected.
- Password Protect a Directory
- Create a User
- Remove a User
- Remove Password Protection
To password protect your directory:
- Click the checkbox next to Password protect this directory.
- Using the Name the protected directory field, assign a name to the password protected directory. (This is the name visitors will see. It can appear as anything, no matter what the directory is called.)
- Click Save.
- Enter the username, new password, and password confirmation in the appropriate boxes.
- Click Add/modify authorized user.
Note: The new user's name will be added to the listbox under the Authorized Users heading, where it can be removed later.
To delete password protection for a user:
- Select the desired account name in the listbox beneath the Authorized Users heading.
- While the name is highlighted, click the Delete User button to delete the account.
- To remove password protection from the directory, uncheck Password protect this directory.
Was this answer helpful?
IP Deny Manager CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL IMPORTANT: ADVANCED USERS ONLY, MISUSE OF...
HotLink Protection CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL A hotlink occurs when content...