Hot Link Protection
When disabling hotlinks, be sure to allow hotlinking for any necessary domains, such as your website’s subdomains.
To enable hotlinking:
- Click the Enable button on the HotLink Protection main page.
- To allow sites to hotlink to your site, add the URL to the URLs to allow access list.
- Direct access to certain file extensions can be blocked by adding them to the text field under the Block direct access for these extensions heading.
- When these file types are blocked, people will not be able to hotlink those types of files from your website, even if hotlinking is allowed.
- Click the checkbox to allow users to access the content by entering the specific file’s URL into a browser.
- Requests for content can be redirected by entering a URL under the Redirect request to this URL heading.
- Click Submit.
- To disable hotlink protection, click the Disable button on the main HotLink Protection page.
Note: Clicking Disable may delete any entries you have added to the list of URLs to allow access. If you are disabling access only temporarily, you may want to save the list so that you can re-enter it later.
Was this answer helpful?
Password Protect Directories VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE Password protecting a directory...
IP Deny Manager CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL IMPORTANT: ADVANCED USERS ONLY, MISUSE OF...
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution