How do I view and manage FTP account holders on my web site that are currently logged in to an FTP session?
Files: FTP Session Control
You can use this function to see who is currently logged into your site through FTP. You can also terminate any FTP connections to your site that you feel should not be open. This can be very useful in preventing users from accessing your files without your permission.
When the page loads you will see a "Current Sessions" table split into six columns consisting of the following information:
- User - This entry shows the login/username for the associated FTP account that is logged in to the system.
- Logged In From - This entry shows the location and IP address of the user currently logged into your web hosting account via FTP.
- Login Time - This entry shows the exact time the user logged into your web hosting account via FTP.
- Status - This entry shows the current mode of the FTP user logged in to your web hosting account via FTP. If the user logged in via FTP is not uploading or download files, the status will remain "IDLE."
- Disconnect - If you want to disconnect the FTP user, click on the x in a circle icon. The next screen will state "Are you sure you want to disconnect FTP_USER ftp user?" Click on the Yes button to disconnect the user from the system.
- Process ID - This entry is the ID the system is using to identify the user logged in to the system.
Was this answer helpful?
Files: Change Password (FTP)OverviewYou can change the password to any of the available FTP...
Files: Deleting FTP AccountsDeleting FTP AccountsStepsGo to the "FTP Accounts" page in your...
Files: Edit Disk Space Allocation (FTP) Overview You can modify the amount of disk space...
Add an FTP Account CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE TUTOTIAL Adding an FTP account will allow...