How do I setup an email forwarder for an individual email account?
Mail: E-mail Forwarders
Forwarders allow you to send a copy of all mail from one email address to another. For example, if you have two different email accounts email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org, you could forward email@example.com to firstname.lastname@example.org so you do not need to check both accounts. Note that the mail for a forwarded email address will still be delivered to that address as well.
When the page loads you will see the "Email Account Forwaders" table consisting of three columns (Note: The following information will only be available if you have created an email forwarder):
- Address - This entry contains the email address being forwarded.
- Forward To - This entry contains the email address the "Address" above is being forwaded to.
- Functions - The functions column provides the following options:
- Trace - You can trace a forwarder by clicking on the Trace link.
- Delete - You can delete a forwarder by clicking on the Delete link.
Adding An Email Forwarder
- To add an Email Forwarder, click on the Add Forwarder button.
- Enter the email address username you want to forward in the "Address to Forward" text box.
- Select the domain associated with the email address username from the drop down menu.
- Enter the email address where you want the email to be forwarded to in the "Forward to email address" text box.
NOTE: You can also choose from one of the three other options instead of using the "Forward to email address" feature.
- Discard - This feature will automatically delete the email, but is not recommended.
- Discard with error to sender - This feature will delete the email and send the sender an email message. If you choose this option, enter the message you want the user to see in the "Failure Message (seen by sender)" text box.
- Pipe to a Program - If you want the email message to be sent to a program on your server, enter the path and filename of the script or program you want the email to be sent to in the "Pipe to a Program" text box.
Once you make your selection, move on to Step 5 below.
- Click on the Add Forwarder button.
- You should see the following:
- "All email sent to EMAIL_ADDRESS_BEING_FORWARDED will now be redirected to FORWARDED_TO_EMAIL_ADDRESS"
Was this answer helpful?
Mail: Setup A Catch-All Email Please note, the use of "catch all" email accounts are not...
Mail: Create A New E-mail Account VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL HERE Steps Set the following in...
Mail: Domain Forwarders Forwarding a domain's email will override the default address for that...