How do I setup remote access to my MySQL databases?
Databases: Remote (MySQL)
Remote MySQL allows external web servers to access your MySQL databases by adding their domain name to the list of hosts that are able to access databases on your web site.
NOTE: "localhost" stands for the server that your site is currently on.
- Enter a server's host name or IP address in the "Host (% wildcard is allowed)" text box.
- Click on the Add Host button.
- You will see the following statement:
- "Added Host HOSTNAME to the access list."
- Click on the Go Back link.
- When the page loads, you will see a two-column table containing the following information:
- Access Hosts - This entry will include the host name or IP address.
- Remove - Click on the x in a circle icon to remove the "Access Hosts" from being allowed to access your MySQL database.
Was this answer helpful?
Databases: Create MySQL Database CLICK HERE TO VIEW THE VIDEO TUTORIAL Overview MySQL...
Databases: Check MySQL DBYou can check to see if your MySQL database is running properly using...
Databases: Create MySQL UserOverviewThere are two primary steps when creating a MySQL user. The...
Databases: Delete MySQL UserOverviewThere are two types of deleting users. One way is to delete a...
Databases: Delete MySQL DatabaseOverviewYou can easily delete a MySQL database from your web...